Holistic Healing Principles
1. The word "holistic" comes from the word "whole" and addresses the whole person, not just a condition, discomfort or symptom that is being noticed.
2. Holistic Healing Therapy takes in consideration all aspects of the person - body, mind and spirit
3. Holistic Healing Therapy aims at balancing the energy system and healing the person, not just the body. It searches for the root cause of the discomfort, and recognises that the physical illnesses are symptoms of energy imbalances. Any particular symptoms are regarded as the body's expression of imbalances, and its innate attempt to return to homeostasis.
4. Holistic Healing Therapy recognises that healing comes from within, and therefore sees the client as an active participant in their healing process.
5. Holistic Healing Therapy evaluates many aspects of the person"s life such as: family situation, work environment, social relationships, mental conditions, attitudes and emotions, thinking patterns, life-style habits, cultural traditions and relationships with self and others.
6. Holistic therapists do not aim to diagnose and give a label of a named “disease” and then treat it. They start with an assessment of energy imbalances in the body by examining the energy flow, posture, energy level, pain level, stress level, aura, chakras, flexibility, pulses, language patterns, etc. Then they use energy balancing techniques such as massage, nutritional balance, emotional stress release, awareness of thinking patterns and limiting beliefs, life-style changes, such as better nutrition, enhanced exercise, relaxation, reconnection with family, friends, nature and self.
7. Holistic therapists aim at establishing what kind a person has a dis-ease and aims to balance the person, rather than establish what kind of named “disease” a person has and treat this named “disease”.
8. Holistic therapists recognise that illness, pain and dying process are all being leaning opportunities for the client and the therapist. They recognise the healing power of love, hope, believe, humour and enthusiasm. They recognise that unconditional love is the most powerful medicine, and strive to adopt an attitude of unconditional love for their clients, themselves and All That Is.
9. Holistic therapists recognise that every person is unique and different. They don’t offer a “cure” based on individual stories of success or personal experiences. They don’t advise their clients to stop their medications or treatment and start a “better” therapy. They support their clients in their own healing journey, and recognise that the client has the responsibility to choose their suitable therapies for healing and support.
10. Holistic therapists strive to be living examples for their clients, friends and family.
11. Holistic philosophy is one of prevention, exploration and wellness.
12. Holistic Health is defined as unlimited and unobstructed natural flow of life-energy through body, mind and spirit.
Holistic Healing Therapies
Copyright 2021 © The Kinesiology Healing Centre of Johannesburg